ABOUT US – I CAN READ
I Can Read is currently seeking qualified full-time teachers to work at one of our centrally located centres in Ho Chi Minh City.
I Can Read is a literacy-based English teaching organisation currently in 10 countries worldwide, and is growing rapidly in Vietnam. Our unique, specially-developed system helps students to obtain language and literary independence and achieve excellence in speaking, listening, reading and writing. As a teacher at I Can Read you will receive huge satisfaction from seeing the rapid improvement in your students’ abilities by using our effective system.
I Can Read prides ourselves on our unique teaching methodology. Our system was created by two Australian psychologists as a method to teach people with dyslexia how to read. It was then recognised that this was also a very effective method to teach ESL students to read.
Our students are typically between 3 and 14 years old, so experience teaching young learners (especially very young learners) is essential. We hold most of our lessons on weekday evenings and weekend.
- Teaching English for young learners (3-14 years old)
- Create engaging and effective lesson plans based on the curriculum plans provided
- Follow up student’s learning progress, writing student’s reports on the system
- Do demo classes & Marketing activities as requested by Line Manager
We’d like to look for Full Time ESL teachers who:
- speak English as a first or second language with a universally recognizable accent and a strong command of both written and spoken English
- Are truly passionate in teaching and sharing knowledge with others, including very small children.
- Believe in creating magical experiences for their students and colleagues.
- Hold a TEFL/CELTA/TESOL/PGCE Qualification
- Hold a BA/MA in any subject
- Have at least 1 year experience in English teaching (preferably with children)
- The ability to operate with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Are located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Competitive salary
- Retention bonus at the end of the contract
- A paid training/induction program with I Can Read’s Professional Development Team, followed by ongoing support
- Small class sizes: a maximum of up to 12 permanent students (offline classes) / 8 permanent students (online classes)
- The work permit application fee will be supported according to Company policy.
- Up to 23 paid holidays per year – 12 public holidays and 11 annual leaves (applied from Labor Contract starting date)
- Health and Social insurance according to Vietnamese law.
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Successful candidate will be working in one of our centers in: D2, Binh Thanh, D7, Tan Binh, Binh Tan (discuss during interview)
- 5 days per week, 2 days off on weekdays
- 3:00-9:00 PM: weekdays
- 8:00 – 7:00 PM: weekends, 2 hours lunch break
Please kindly send us your updated CV, a scanned copy of your university degree, teaching certificate.