The I Can Read Plus programme focuses on the key English skills students need to achieve excellence in all four skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing. Our courses build on from the strong foundations students have gained, to target all areas of English learning. Students develop understanding and confidence, in a fun interactive class setting.
LEVELS OF THE PROGRAMME
I CAN READ PLUS 1,2,3,4:
ENGLISH 1-4 focuses on key learning areas designed to nurture confidence and creativity in both written and oral expression, to develop creative and divergent thinking skills and to foster collaborative learning. There is a strong emphasis placed on:
- Reading and Viewing
- Writing and Representing
• Improving Oral Communication Skills – with presentations, debates and discussions.
• Applying Grammar and Punctuation – through explicit instruction from the teacher.
• Varying Writing Styles – with exposure to situational writing and continuous composition.
• Extending and Developing Vocabulary – by researching and discussing word meanings.
• Enhancing Comprehension Skills – by concentrating on various question types.
•Working Collaboratively – by proof reading, editing and conferencing with peers.