Are you interested in working for a dynamic company that helps spread literacy around the world? I Can Read is a fun and rewarding place to work with upward mobility.
I Can Read is celebrating more than 20 years of experience and success. We have expanded to more than 200 Centers and School Partners in over 15 countries within Asia and the Middle East, with 11 of them being in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
At I Can Read, we’re looking for creative, playful and supportive teachers who are passionate about reaching the educational goals of their students. Through training and professional development, I Can Read teachers will learn to employ a world-class pedagogy to inspire the joy of reading. Our students are aged between 3 and 13 years old.
We are currently looking for committed teachers, as we offer a one-year contract. Our full-time teachers will work five days per week with two consecutive days off on weekdays. All candidates must hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree and have preferably one year of classroom teaching experience. Ideally, candidates will be located in Vietnam due to the current border closures, however those outside of the country will also be considered. Candidates are advised to monitor government websites for the latest updates and travel advisories, for those teachers applying from outside of Vietnam.
- Degree-level qualifications, preferably in Teaching/Education/Early Childhood Studies/English/English Literature or Linguistics
- English as a first language with a universally recognizable accent and a strong command of both written and spoken English
- At least one year of related teaching experience, or similar
- Experience teaching online classes
- An enthusiasm for teaching young children
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well with Learning Centre Management
- The ability to operate with a high level of integrity and professionalism
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive monthly salary
- A paid training/induction program with I Can Read’s Professional Development Team, followed by ongoing support
- Small class sizes: a maximum of up to 12 permanent students (offline classes) / 8 permanent students (online classes)
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Opportunities to explore relocating internationally to our other I Can Read Centres throughout Asia
- Sponsored work permit reimbursed upon completion of the one-year labor contract
- Support with TRC
- Paid annual leave
- Paid public holidays
- Sick leave through the Vietnam Medical Insurance Authority
- Company contributions to Health and Social insurance
- A one-year contract commencing from Work Permit issuance with the possibility to renew
If you meet our criteria and are interested in applying, please send the following:
– Current CV
– A cover letter clearly stating when you’re available to join us
– A recent photo
– Scanned copy of your university degree & Teaching certificate
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org