Are you interested in working for a dynamic company that helps spread literacy around the world? I Can Read is a fun and rewarding place to work with upward mobility.
I Can Read is celebrating more than 20 years of experience and success. We have expanded to more than 200 centres and school partners in over 15 countries within Asia and the Middle East, with 11 of them being in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
At I Can Read, we’re looking for creative, playful and supportive teachers who are passionate about reaching the educational goals of their students. Through training and professional development, I Can Read teachers will learn to employ a world-class pedagogy to inspire the joy of reading. Our students are aged between 3 and 14 years old.
We are looking for committed teachers as we offer a one-year contract. Our full-time teachers will work five days per week with two consecutive days off on weekdays. We also welcome part-time teachers to join our teaching team, with the ability to work on a flexible basis. All candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree and have preferably one year of classroom experience. Ideally, candidates will be located in Vietnam due to the current border closures, those outside of the country will also be considered for future positions. Candidates are advised to monitor government websites for the latest updates and travel advisories.
- Degree-level qualifications, preferably in Teaching/Education/Early Childhood Studies/English/English Literature or Linguistics
- English as a first language with a universally recognizable accent and a strong command of both written and spoken English
- At least one year of related teaching experience, or similar
- An enthusiasm for teaching young children
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well with Learning Centre Management
- The ability to operate with a high level of integrity and professionalism
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive monthly/hourly teaching salary
- A paid training/induction programme with I Can Read’s Professional Development Team, followed by ongoing support
- Small class sizes, a maximum of 12 permanent students
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Opportunities to explore relocating internationally to our other I Can Read centres throughout Asia
Additional Benefits for full-time employment:
- Sponsored work permit reimbursed upon completion of the one-year labour contract
- Paid annual leave in addition to paid public holidays
- Sick leave through the Vietnam Medical Insurance Authority
- Company contributions to Health and Social insurance
- A one-year contract commencing from Work Permit issuance with the possibility to renew
If you meet our criteria and are interested in applying please send the following:
– Current CV
– A cover letter clearly stating when you’re available to join us
– A recent photo
– Scanned copy of your Bachelor’s Degree
To email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org